martes, 1 de octubre de 2013

Happiness (Sponge Bob rainbow)

I know that all the people have a fear, some can be afraid of spiders, some other of darkness, mouses, reptiles, serial killers etc... the thing is that something that I've always hate about myself is my cold feet I know that you'll say that it's just a psychological problem that only with a good willpower you can get over it.
I remember, just like a nightmare, the day I started to be afraid of talking in public. I was on first grade, maybe around November, just one month before summer vacations!!, and something bad had to happen.
In my Spanish class my teacher had the brilliant idea of making a reading aloud test, and he decided to call one bye one all the people to go in front of the class and read, maybe two pages, of one book which name I can't remember.
I recall that every time the teacher picked a name I started to breath faster.
The time was passing and all my classmates were making a really good job, all of them were reading really good, they also used to laugh with my teacher if they committed a mistake, something that of course made me feel envious of them.
Then it was my turn, my best friend and I were both nervous, she wished me good luck, and I walked in front of the class, and in that moment I knew I wasn't ready for that. I went to the teacher table and asked him if I it was one possibility of making another kind of evaluation, he of course said no, but after I begged him a lot he let me read just one paragraph. My face was like a tomato, my hands were sweating, and just one of my legs was shivering like if it had an own life. In spite of that, I read really well, my classmates told me that they even knew that I was so nervous, and also, I think that no one was paying attention to the evaluation. Even tough, the shock of that new fear was horrible. I spent all my holidays thinking in all the presentations that were waiting for me when I came back to school.

And all my secondary school was like that, every time that I had to speak at loud, even in my own seat!, I started to shiver. All the semesters my fear was getting worse, first my hands sweating, then my red face, then the feeling of nausea, then the heights.

What was the name of that movie? mm the pursuit of happiness!, on that movie the protagonist said that you'll never know in what specific moment you will have happiness.
I was on third grade, in the end of the second semester, we were on break practicing our final presentation of Greece (my part of the speak was the literature of classic Greece) of course I was nervous but this time I was with the worse feeling of nausea ever.

It was the time of my group to go in front of the class and speak to my classmates and the teacher about our topic. I remember that I was squeezing the arm of one of my friends so hard that she was angry with me.
I looked at the teacher, and I speaked... perfect, I wasn't nervous at all, I remember that I was looking to my friends, to the teacher, to the windows, everything! It was to easy that my face recovered his color, and my hands were warm again. When it finished my turn of speaking, I looked at the teacher and he was smiling me.

At the end of the hour I asked my boyfriend about my presentation, he told me that I speak for about 5 minutes, maybe least.
Maybe, just were 5 minutes, the same 5 minutes which I almost died of panic on first grade, in just that 5 minutes I realized that I will never be afraid of showing what I know, and talking in public.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario