martes, 24 de septiembre de 2013

My real home

I don't know what you think but since I started to learn more about the "big countries"(United States, France, Spain, Germany, etc.) and which has been their role in the history of Chile and Latin America I learned how much pain and wars they had cause just because of their greed, and their old wish of controlling all the riches of the continent.  That was really a deception to me, because what I used to think that were the perfect countries it was all a lie.
And also, when I was in 8th grade, the time I used to listen a lot of bands from United states, my dream was to visit London, Las Vegas, and all the big cities that seemed to be (for me) in the top of growth of the new ideas, new music, new artist, etc.
But now, I realized that there's a lot of artist, musicians, writers, in Latin America which are genius!! Latin America it still being a young country, and his vitality really motivated you to visit it. If you ask me one specific country of this big land to make a travel, I wouldn't know what to answer. Because what enthusiasm me of this continent it is not one specific monument, or one specific touristic center, what really make me love this continent is their people and his nature, and maybe here is the answer of why I chose Anthropology as my University career.
If I had the opportunity to improve my studies there and also learn how to talk Portuguese it will be the begin of my big career dream (which I described in my last post).
The places that I would like to visit are many, the only think that I know about them is on internet, here you can see ones of my favorite pictures of their countrysides

This are the "palms of fog" that are in Colombia.



Here is one of my adventure places that I wish to visit, the people call them "the green holes
of Sarisariñama"  which are in Venezuela.


And of course the flowery desert of Chile


But, in spite of all this beauty, we can't forget all the problems of poverty that this continent is suffering, and that is one of the other reason I wouldn't like to leave, or maybe, "escape" to better lands. For me, this continent needs a lot of help, and I will like to do something to help the people.

 I become to create in my mind a new limit of my concept of home, that it used to be just Chile, and the feeling is just the same like making bigger your family, or making new friends.

1 comentario:

  1. Hello María Paz (: I'm agree with you when you say you prefer to stay in Chile than go to other country because it' a way to "escape" and ignore what happen here, it's easier /: About the places you showed, the flowery desert it's amazing and beautiful, but so short!

    ResponderEliminar