martes, 29 de octubre de 2013

Environmentally friendly practices

Environmentally friendly practices are nowadays something that is present in all the people's minds. It's like a new kind of style, all the people are really proud of saying: "I recycle, I drive a bike to go to my work, etc."
And how can they not be proud of these habits if on TV, on radio and in all the media the message is always the same: "take care of the environment and you will be a better person" and
What can I say? I hate spots that the government make and show on TV all the time, for me it's really annoying these kind of spots.. but, I think that I've already described how I used to think years ago, now, I realize how important are these "all the time spots", they really change the way of thinking of people.
The thing is, that I think that most of them, instead of having these "green ideas", don't actually change their way of acting.
Most of the people still travel in their cars to work, even if they have to go just 2 blocks next to their houses (yes, I know some people that really do this).
Why haven't I tried this way of travelling to come to the university? Because if I do this thing I’ll probably arrive here 4 hours after I left my home. 

But I don't feel bad about it, because I always use the public transport, and according to my little knowledge of environmentally friendly practices, I'm not contributing to create more pollution at all.
I remember that when I was in second grade, in a project of my school we were supposed to create compost in a box called the "compostera", the job was really disgusting, because we had to look for garbage in the collectors of rubbish of our school, and in the end of all, the teacher ran away with our works and he didn't even give us a mark.
Even though, I learned to create compost, something that was really useful for me and my mom to plant new trees in my house.
I think that this has been all my work in contributing to change the planet, I have always dreamed that one day I will change all my attitude, when I have more time maybe I will join one of these groups that contribute to create consciousness on the people.
For now, I will be sadly one more of the people which I was talking about in the beggining of this text :c

1 comentario:

  1. You made compost? Maybe that was the reason of your teacher ran away!! The smell is disgusting. But I support the idea of make it, my mother would do it if we had more ground in our house.

    ResponderEliminar